After the war, Nimitz served as chief of naval operations — In , in answer to interrogatories by the German Adm.
Carrier accident in California kills sailor
With E. Potter he edited Sea Power, a Naval History You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience and security.
Article Media. Info Print Cite.
- The Navy's oldest and finest aircraft carrier.
- Her Hearts Divide.
- Chester W. Nimitz | Atomic Heritage Foundation!
- I FIGLI COME CLIENTI (SELF-HELP) (Italian Edition)?
- Sorry, this content is not available in your region.;
- Navy sailor dies after falling off USS Nimitz during port visit in California!
- The Dream.
Submit Feedback. Thank you for your feedback. The Navy is still investigating the cause of the accident.
Garcia-Herrera completed logistics specialist training before reporting aboard Nimitz in June He deployed aboard Nimitz in support of Operation Inherent Resolve later that year, the Navy said in a news release Sunday. Note: This story was updated on Sunday, Sept. The opinions expressed in reader comments are those of the author only, and do not reflect the opinions of The Seattle Times.
- Arbeit muss Spaß machen!: Erlebte Geschichten zum Schmunzeln (German Edition).
- One More Time?
- Chester W. Nimitz | Atomic Heritage Foundation.
- Francescas Song.
- Select Service.
- Nimitz Sailor Dies After Fall From Aircraft Carrier.
- Afonso Costa: Portugal (Makers of the Modern World).
Election In he was assigned as Chief of the Bureau of Navigation. In recognition of his superior leadership of naval forces during the victorious three-year Pacific campaign, in December Congress promoted him to fleet admiral.
As Chief of Naval Operations at the dawn of the Cold War, Nimitz directed the forward deployment of naval forces to the Mediterranean and the Far East, worked to adapt the naval services to the joint requirements of the National Security Act of , and promoted adoption of jet aircraft and other advanced technologies. In recognition of his accomplishments, the Navy named USS Nimitz CVN , the first ship in a new class of nuclear-powered aircraft carriers, in his honor.